I mentioned this lens before. It finally arrived! I have to say – I am really impressed with it. Too bad I don’t have my T3i to attach it to yet (frown). The lens gets un-boxed after the break (grin).
(by the way, this is GR’s 100th post – yay!)
Here’s the clip:
A few notes about the clip:
- I mentioned that I didn’t know what the “SP” stands for. After some research, I discovered that it basically means “special”. The SP series of Tamron lenses are their “elite” series, where they let the engineers really push the limits of the capabilities.
- I was manipulating the focus ring with the auto-focus switch set to “AF” – meaning it is “in gear” for auto-focus. Don’t do this, it can mess up the gearing. Always switch to “MF” (Manual Focus) before manually manipulating the focus ring.
- The hood piece is pretty cool – it has some alignment dots to make sure you put it on correctly, and you can invert the hood and screw it on to “stow it” directly on the lens, so that you don’t have to worry about keeping track of a loose hood. The only issue when it is installed inverted is that manual focusing is pretty much impossible.
- Here is a link to the lens on Amazon.
- Here is a link to my review of the Joby GorillaMobile tripod that I mention.
- Find some pictures of the lens with the hood installed for shooting and for stowing, below.